- Catalonia Discovery
- Coastal Cycling in the Algarve
- Essence of Slovenia
- Châteaux of the Loire
- 'Flat Out' from Amsterdam to Bruges New!
- Lake Constance - Three Countries on Two Wheels New!
- The Golden Pass Line
- The Sicilian Experience New!
- Alsace and The Rhine Valley
- Amsterdam and the Charms of Holland New!
- Bavaria's Allgäuer Alps
- Cycling the Istrian Peninsula
- Lake Garda - Family Cycling and Activities New!
- Lake Garda, Verona, Soave and Venice
- Côtes du Rhône in Provence
- Garmisch & the Romantic Castles
- St. Moritz and Lake Como
- Perfumes of Provence
- Südtirol, Lake Garda & Valpolicella
Bike and Boat Holidays
5 Day Tour
Arrive at Munich airport.
Transfer by minibus or taxi to our base hotel in Lenggries.
Lenggries to Kochel: 20 miles (32km)
After breakfast you’ll be equipped with your bicycle. Cycling out of Lenggries you branch away from the River Isar and follow a tributary, the Jachen. This wide lush green valley rises gently to one of Bavaria’s jewels, Lake Walchen. A short climb from the lakeside is rewarded by a long winding descent to Kochel, a town oozing with Bavarian charm.
Kochel to Garmisch-Partenkirchen: 22 miles (35km). Your route today follows the River Loisach along its broad glaciated valley. Nearing Garmisch you will enjoy even more fabulous views of the towering Alps which form the backdrop for this popular resort.
Garmisch-Partenkirchen to Neuschwanstein: 28 miles (45km). Much of today is spent in Austria. Leaving Garmisch you head to the Austrian border post at Griesen, where a forest track leads you to the Plan Lake, a narrow strip of crystal clear water, cradled by wooded slopes. From here you pedal through some magnificent Tyrolean scenery before crossing back into Germany at Neuschwanstein.
We say “Auf Wiedersehen” before transferring you direct from Neuschwanstein to Munich airport by train or minibus.