- Catalonia Discovery
- Coastal Cycling in the Algarve
- Essence of Slovenia
- Châteaux of the Loire
- 'Flat Out' from Amsterdam to Bruges New!
- Lake Constance - Three Countries on Two Wheels New!
- The Golden Pass Line
- The Sicilian Experience New!
- Alsace and The Rhine Valley
- Amsterdam and the Charms of Holland New!
- Bavaria's Allgäuer Alps
- Cycling the Istrian Peninsula
- Lake Garda - Family Cycling and Activities New!
- Lake Garda, Verona, Soave and Venice
- Côtes du Rhône in Provence
- Garmisch & the Romantic Castles
- St. Moritz and Lake Como
- Perfumes of Provence
- Südtirol, Lake Garda & Valpolicella
Bike and Boat Holidays
5 Day Tour
Arrive at Pisa airport. Transfer by minibus or taxi to our base hotel in Pienza.
Pienza to San Giovanni d’Asso: 18 miles (29km) After breakfast you’ll be equipped with your bicycle. A relaxing day spent meandering through sleepy backwaters. Much of the route follows Strada Bianchi, the tranquil back-roads that criss-cross Tuscany. A 13th century castle lies at the centre of San Giovanni d’Asso, part of which has been converted into a boutique luxury hotel and restaurant; your stay here should prove a special treat.
San Giovanni d’Asso to Castelnuovo Berardenga: 24 miles (38km). The tour continues north passing through Asciano, an atmospheric ancient town with evidence of 5th century Etruscan settlers. Beyond Asciano a remote lane rolls across the Crete Senesi emerging at Castelnuovo Berardenga, a picturesque village on the southern fringe of Chianti.
Castelnuovo Berardenga to Castellina in Chianti: 24 miles (38km). A glorious ride through vineyards and olive groves passing Chianti’s legendary winemakers. Of course, there’ll be opportunities to sample and purchase a few bottles (our representative will collect your purchases). The intoxicating scenery is a pure delight of hilltop villages, avenues of cypress trees, and golden fields of sunflowers.
We say “Arrivederci” before transferring you direct from Castellina in Chianti to Pisa airport by minibus.